Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all,
Hello all, Just a quick hello and abit of my story why i am on here.

I have probably had a gambling problem for around 8 years now and im only 29 and it started by the odd online footy bet here and there. Then over the years it progress and i got hooked on the demon slots. I tried self exclusion on many different sites over the years always for the max 5 years sadly i would always find another site. Until now i never believed i had a problem always thought i could deal with it but even tho my wife and kids left me twice and then me winning them back i still found i couldnt kick the habit shes left now for whats likely going to be the third and final time and i dont blame her its not great life being married to a gambler. Anyway thats finally triggered a response from me so im on here which ive already found helps just by little chats in the chatroom. And im hoping to attend a class very soon. Im nearly 2 weeks clean of a bet atm and i even refused to do the sweep today at golf for the grand national so its nice seeing some will power back. Anyway sorry if ive rambled on
(13-04-2018, 09:39 PM)welshwizzard88 Wrote: Hello all,  Just a quick hello and abit of my story why i am on here.

I have probably had a gambling problem for around 8 years now and im only 29 and it started by the odd online footy bet here and there. Then over the years it progress and i got hooked on the demon slots. I tried self exclusion on many different sites over the years always for the max 5 years sadly i would always find another site. Until now i never believed i had a problem always thought i could deal with it but even tho my wife and kids left me twice and then me winning them back i still found i couldnt kick the habit shes left now for whats likely going to be the third and final time and i dont blame her its not great life being married to a gambler. Anyway thats finally triggered a response from me so im on here which ive already found helps just by little chats in the chatroom. And im hoping to attend a class very soon. Im nearly 2 weeks clean of a bet atm and i even refused to do the sweep today at golf for the grand national so its nice seeing some will power back. Anyway sorry if ive rambled on

Welshwizzard88,
Firstly welcome, secondly never ever apologize on here for anything.
We are hear to listen and you don't know it yet but people reading what you are going through helps them in their recovery as well.
I would say to you get to your nearest GA meeting ASAP as this will be a massive step in your recovery, it will also go along way in showing your wife and family that you are final beaten by this illness and serious about controlling it. I say controlling as you are and always will be a Compulsive Gambler you just have to learn and gain the tools and support to live a better life with it. I know this sounds difficult to hear but trust me when I say that the support I get from my GA family and my wife gets at her partners meetings, is the foundation for our bet free happy life. 
Let us know if you do attend a meeting and how it goes.
Remember one thing now, "you are not alone".
Take care. 
Mick Compulsive Gambler no bets in 45 months.
Welcome to the forum, this along with weekly meetings and regular contact with other members keeps me from a bet. I spent years in denial, realising I had a problem but then quickly convincing myself that I could control it. Reality, I was never in control, and the only control I have is when in the GA fellowship, one day at a time the days add up.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.