Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does admin contact people by text message?
I've been receiving text messages from a free text website saying that I'm banned from all gamblers anonymous meetings in Hampshire for breaking the rules, I do not have the right to appeal and I must delete all my GA friends phone numbers and any social media contact as they are not my friends and if I turn up at any meeting I will be arrested and legal action will be taken, I'm not allowed to contact members about the text messages, I'm not sure what to do I haven't attended the last 2 meetings and I just received 2 more texts about 10 minutes ago that were jumbled leading me more curious

Everytime it's signed as GA Admin
I'm TallerPaul and my Last bet/gamble was 2/9/2017 I hope until the day i die it remains that way i would say 2nd time lucky but we make our own luck by making that decision! - attending Portsmouth GA
(03-07-2018, 02:19 AM)TallerPaul Wrote: I've been receiving text messages from a free text website saying that I'm banned from all gamblers anonymous meetings in Hampshire for breaking the rules, I do not have the right to appeal and I must delete all my GA friends phone numbers and any social media contact as they are not my friends and if I turn up at any meeting I will be arrested and legal action will be taken, I'm not allowed to contact members about the text messages, I'm not sure what to do I haven't attended the last 2 meetings and I just received 2 more texts about 10 minutes ago that were jumbled leading me more curious

Everytime it's signed as GA Admin

Hi TallerPaul, 

This sounds to me like some kind of scaremongering, and personally I would ignore it, the only rules you could break would be if you'd committed a crime.  Please do not let this affect your recovery, keep on keeping on one day at a time.  Maybe ask what rules you have broken, and seek clarification.  I've not known of people to be excluded from meetings, unless there is a legal reason or threatening violent behaviour, neither of which I have personally witnessed.  I suggest reaching out to the regional secretary for help.

In Unity

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
I know what rules it says I've broken and it's sent from a free text site so I can't respond at all
I'm TallerPaul and my Last bet/gamble was 2/9/2017 I hope until the day i die it remains that way i would say 2nd time lucky but we make our own luck by making that decision! - attending Portsmouth GA
TallerPaul, I too have never heard of this in all my time. To have to delete all your contacts and not be able to even talk about the ban sounds like a malicious text. As suggested talk to your area rep/secretary. You'll be able to get this from your normal meeting secretary.
Well I broke the rules of the text I got stressed out and just started messaging people from, the group, there was no group held and no one heard of even possibly banning mr it seems it's just someone being cowardly so I'm going to attend meeting tonight and see what happens
Great...let us know what happened...

Smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

Hi tallerPaul,

If you did something wrong, and you know it, be humble and make amends, don't let a resentment get in the way of your recovery.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.