Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first GA Meetiing
well got to meeting, lost my way a bit but found it, sat out side for half hour, some one came out he was with the group gave me stuff to read and i joined the other folk sitting in room talking about themselves i didnt say any thing and i probably wont next time i go, but now i know were it is i will keep attending the meetings  Big Grin
went to second meeting ,there are lots to listen to good advice its not all doom and gloom theres hope for us all going to third meeting tomorrow  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Hi GIBBO52

I remember my first few meetings well, and I remember looking up at people who've been off for over 2 years in great admiration and i thought that I'd never make it that long. Well I'm still going to meetings and now I'm on of those with over 2 years since my last bet. Keep going to the meetings and keep working the GA recovery program it really does work. If you are willing to listen and do what is suggested, the program works for all who are willing to work at it.

Keep on keeping on, one day at a time

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
Thumbs Up 
(01-08-2018, 09:10 PM)GIBBO52 Wrote: went to second meeting ,there are lots to listen to good advice its not all doom and gloom theres hope for us all going to third meeting tomorrow  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

went to third meeting,  having a bit of a problem with not having money  in my pocket i understand that to stop you need others to help ie partner /husband one day at a time new start this week empty pockets  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Hello GIBBO52 Why are new people in program told to have just enough money in their pocket to cover daily expenses? Simple truth is that if you don't have the "ammunition" you can't "fire the gun" and get yourself into more trouble. Its a part of program that has been proven to help and work for recovery. But understand that its just one part of program. Many other parts that you will learn about in the future. All designed to give you a better way of life through a normal way of thinking and living. Suggest you consider talking and giving therapy at meetings. That way the members of the room will know your situation and be able to offer you the benefit of their experience. Experience is a great teacher. And you can't tell the room anything that they have not heard before! So talk and get help. The room members are good but they have not yet learned how to read minds! Welcome to recovery my friend. Attend regular weekly meetings, work the 12 steps of recovery with a sponsor and your life is bound to get better. All the best. LewB-Woodbury Monday Night
(04-08-2018, 12:11 AM)LewB Wrote: Hello GIBBO52     Why are new people in program told to have just enough money in their pocket to cover daily expenses? Simple truth is that if you don't have the "ammunition" you can't "fire the gun" and get yourself into more trouble. Its a part of program that has been proven to help and work for recovery. But understand that its just one part of program. Many other parts that you will learn about in the future. All designed to give you a better way of life through a normal way of thinking and living. Suggest you consider talking and giving therapy at meetings. That way the members of the room will know your situation and be able to offer you the benefit of their experience. Experience is a great teacher. And you can't tell the room anything that they have not heard before! So talk and get help. The room members are good but they have not yet learned how to read minds! Welcome to recovery my friend. Attend regular weekly meetings, work the 12 steps of recovery with a sponsor and your life is bound to get better. All the best.    LewB-Woodbury Monday Night

Thank you for your coments, Iwill be going to meetings regularly and do whats needed.its hard telling people what a prat you have been in the past any way one day at a time. let you know how things go  gibbo 52
Maybe try and give yourself time to understand the illness then Gibbo52? i certainly don't see myself as a prat now....just an ill person who needed to take their recovery medicine...

Keep sharing

Smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...