Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you GA
I just wanted to check in today to say a thank you to GA and it's many members...

I have now been free from the life of misery for 15 years, although I do still clearly remember the beginning of this journey and my first GA meeting, when back then I believed I would never be free from the lies, deceit, roller coaster lifestyle and the groundhog days ending in the same stomach sinking feeling each time.

When I look back I can honestly say that my recovery (to this day) is all down to an inner desire to be free, which I still hold to this day, as without this strong desire I'm sure I would not have taken in all the advice from the rooms and put it all into place.

The advice in the rooms has given me so many barriers, just for a required second to stop and think of what it will be again if I choose to place the next bet, and I can honesty say that every time I have been given that second, the thoughts of what will be again frightens me enough just to move my thoughts back to my recovery.

So thank you to GA and all it's members, as due to this amazing place I feel today like the happiest compulsive gambler in recovery with all I now have (especially family, friends and peace of mind), and I do so hope many others feel the same today, or will have this same feeling at some point in their future... as it's a great place

Take care all and thanks once again
Hi Jamie,

Congratulations for 15 years, and thank you for sharing your strength and hope. I too thought I'd never manage to get out the cycle of doom, but GA really does help you stop and stay stopped.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
A good start for sure Jamie...

Keep recovery tools etc in place....complacency loves people who think its job done so keep your guard up...

All the best, Smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

(07-08-2018, 10:30 PM)Simmo Wrote: Hi Jamie,

Congratulations for 15 years, and thank you for sharing your strength and hope.  I too thought I'd never manage to get out the cycle of doom, but GA really does help you stop and stay stopped.  

Wishing you well

Simmo

Thanks Simmo much appreciated..
(08-08-2018, 12:57 PM)smartie Wrote: A good start for sure Jamie...

Keep recovery tools etc in place....complacency loves people who think its job done so keep your guard up...

All the best, Smartie xx

Hi Smartie....so right and I do understand that I will never have this beat, so I will keep all the barriers firmly in place, as just makes life easier each day