Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again!!
Hi Tom

I use to go back to meetings after losing it once more feeling so low in myself.

The most important thing I learned was to keep going to meetings and understand what my last emotional trigger was.

The point comes when we learn more about why we go back to the addictions and the obsessions.

For me the addictions and the obsessions was a way of me escaping people life and situations.

It was almost impossible for me to hand over the finances but once done I felt I placed less pressure on myself.

I use to view my money as a control issue, and in time I understand that my control issues were fear based.

Recovery and healing took certain steps, attend meetings that suited me best, start to abstain, move from telling war stories about money, and understand how I felt emotionally.

To move from reacting in unhealthy ways and get in to interacting in healthy ways with all people.

Recovery every day was very much like very slow baby steps, I wanted things to move quickly I could say that in some ways I was an adrenaline junkie.

The more the risk the bigger the buzz.

How sad I use to think that the adrenaline rush was happiness.

I do hope that you stick with it.

Take care

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Messages In This Thread
Back again!! - by Tomh - 12-08-2018, 06:29 PM
RE: Back again!! - by Tomh - 06-07-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: Back again!! - by gadaveuk - 01-06-2021, 06:48 AM