Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
I have just attended my first meeting and just got home after putting it off for a while.
I was petrified of going but now really looking forward to the next one.
I know I'm in for a long road ahead but this really does feel the start of something positive (for a change)
My advice to anyone thinking of going to a GA meeting is don't think about it and just do it you never know if you don't try. Smile
Not easy to attend GA at first, but i'd say its even harder to keep attending sometimes....

Hope you can still be saying you are attending say in a years time....

All the best

Smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

Hi Ashcfc28,

welcome to the forum and I'm glad to see that you've made a positive step in the right direction. Once you keep going it becomes normal to go to a meeting every week. The more I go, the more normal it becomes. Just for today I will not gamble, one day at a time.

In Unity

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
Thanks for your reply.
This is something that I really want. I lost everything a few years ago and built my life back up from nothing and almost lost it all again and that's something I can't do as I don't think I would have the energy to start again. The people at the GA meeting made me feel really welcome and I could be totally honest with them which is something I really struggle with.
The one thing I'm looking forward to is saying outload I haven't had a bet today or since my last meeting as I always thought setting targets of months was better but it's really not just one day at a time is the way forward