Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
Four years of gambling and feeling the lowest of the low right now. Have tried to stop but can’t. Just blew all my money and now having a panic attack as what the hell im going to do. Just filled in form for GamStop but my finger won’t press send!! Well my mind won’t let it. Don’t know what to do always think oh it will be ok but this time I need to stop. Any advice please would be very welcome ?
Hi Lesleydre,

You have the desire to stop gambling? There is a solution that works for many people, take a look for your nearest GA meeting and just turn up. There will be internal battles, like what you are experiencing about registering for GamStop, it's the addiction talking, not wanting to let go. Addiction is very powerful when left to it's own accord, however we can stop it together. Many members of GA have tried and failed on their own, but together we stay stopped together.

In Unity

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
Thanks simmo I’ve rang up and found out where the ga meeting is and I’m going to speak to my family about it today. Today is going to be the day I try take control back it has to be. My mind can’t take anymore. Thank you again
Hello Lesley Looks like you realized you first had a problem back in 2015 because thats when you first joined this site. As you have found out the hard way, our common illness is progressive. Do nothing to help yourself and the depths of your misery will be fathomless. When do you decide that enough is enough? If its today, then check out your nearest GA meeting for all the help you need and want. A seat is always waiting for you whenever you decide to attend. It can turn out to be the best decision you will ever make. It was for me. Wish you the best. LewB-Woodbury Monday Night
Feeling lowest of the low? Would you do anything to not have those thoughts? 1. Press the button to get some form of block in place, you'll feel better for it. 2. Find and attend your nearest GA meeting and find out you aren't alone. You have to want it.