Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this
Hi guys , I've looked for a thread like this for a long time now. My gambling has spiralled out of control, I honestly feel I'll never beat this. Help
Hi Tom,

I remember feeling that way, that whatever I did, I would always go back to gambling. My last bet was in 2016, I can quite honestly say, by going to GA, and putting a few simple suggestions into practice, I've changed.

I strongy suggest finding the nearest GA meeting, you just turn up, no need to book.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
Likewise Simmo.

Tom, most have no idea how bad this addiction can get. It kills people, but there is hope when a person uses all the tools available and puts the right structures in place.

GA can be a big part of that if you'll let it. As Simmo suggests maybe check out your nearest ga meeting as long as you have a desire to stop gambling.

All the seasonal greetings smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

Thanks guys, I'll look in to a GA meeting. I've been much better lately, but always end up slipping up that once and usually I spend a fair bit , when I do.

I just want to nail this once and for all , I do find the gym helps, I feel I've often used the time 'lost in machine' to escape my stresses and problems, although really it only adds to and intensifies them
Tom, the only thing that has worked long term for me, is routine maintenance. That's 1 meeting a week and ergular contact with others too. Building a support network of people that understand each other. It's amazing to witness the strength and growth of the people in the meeting I go to. Together we help each other throught thick and thin. We are there for each other to chat about whatever is going on in life. Most of the time it's not even about gambling.

I used to gamble to escape depression and anxiety, and it only ever got worse as time went by. I lost most of my 20s and 30s to gamling and nearly lost my life.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
I completely agree simmo, it takes me away from my problems. I have my own little business thats very successful, bit always end up on them bloody machines throwing my money away.
It's an escape for me , which is very toxic

Tom