Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is important to abstain from unhealthy habits before the healing process can start
Hi
I am a non religious person and questioned if the spiritual recovery would work for me.
I walked in to recovery emotionally traumatized, I was not able to articulate what my feelings were.
Eventually I Gave up talking about lost money gambling and being in action and then gave a therapy talking about my vulnerability and my lack of coping skills.
As other like minded people shared we wanted to be able to express our feelings towards our self and towards other people.
I got to understand that every pain in my life caused fears in me that I did not understand.
The consequences of unresolved fears is a tendency to go in to panic mode and feel you are not in control of your life.
So part of my recovery was to face my fears, why did I procrastinate, why fear exposing my sellf and my feelings, why fear being abandoned, why fear failure, why fear rejection and abandonment, why fear showing how vulnerable I was, why fear being honest, why fear what people think of me.
Before my recovery is I use to be angry most of the time.
Now it is hard to remember when I was last angry.
Asking for help indicates how much I value myself.
Writing down my lists is important, is helps me get accountable to myself.
Each item I do I cross out, no matter if I do not get all things done it is important to get some thing done.
The more I get done the more I am committed to healthy habits.
I get great pleasure being productive in every avenue of my life.
I also get great pleasure when people get that light bulb moment when they understand more about recovery.
Every six weeks I attend a recovery center and me with another person we talk about addictions and obsessions.
When people ask questions we find that hey are stimulated in to understanding what recovery means to them.
The sooner people get in to recovery the more successful they are.
It is often implied that pride is not healthy, my thinking is the exact opposite, pride is the reward we give our self for being spiritually, pride is the reward we give our self for our healthy actions and for our healthy words.
For me recovery is living fully for today, moving from unhealthy reactions towards healthy interactions.
My unhealthy reactions helps me understand that I am not completely healed and healthy.
Not mixing with people in action is important to my recovery, sadly unhealthy people will adversely affect my recovery.
Each pain in my life caused fears I did not understand, in recovery I would heal my pains and face my fears.
I did not enjoy being angry, I did not enjoy feeling inadequate insecure impatient intolerant lonely lost and not having healthy motives.
The recovery program opened up my eyes to understand how unhealthy I was.
It is my choice to do some thing about moving from unhealthy to healthy.
I am humbled to honesty today,  I am humbled to equal to all people today, I am humbled to become the healthiest person I can be today.
The only person that limits me today is myself.
How successful do I want to feel in myself today.
Love and peace to everyone.
Dave of Beckenham
AKA Dave L
Hey Dave,

Nice to see yo sharing again...

Appreciated....in unity smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

(16-07-2019, 11:50 AM)smartie Wrote: Hey Dave,

Nice to see yo sharing again...

Appreciated....in unity smartie xx

Hi

Yes therapies at meetings help us understand and relate to others peoples experiences past and present both healthy and unhealthy and how to over come our emotional vulnerability.

Abstaining is just the start process of our healing process.

Thank you for being here for all of us and keeping site active.

Yes recovery helps us work as a team and helps us to learn to communicate in healthy ways.

I enjoy living my life today not living in fear.

Regards

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham
Thanks, so inspiring and real
A x
(17-07-2019, 11:23 PM)Fruitwannalosethecake Wrote: Thanks, so inspiring and real
A x

Hi

I appreciate that you can relate to me and my recovery and for contacting me with your feed back.

I use to react in such unhealthy ways before my recovery.

Serenity helps me understand that no one can change my unhealthy reaction to people life and situations, that has to be my choice.

I am less emotionally vulnerable now than at any other time in my life.

Regards Dave