Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No matter when your last bet was, if you have no money please go to meetings
Hi

I have lost count of times I went back to my addictions and obsessions.

I have lost count of times I have beaten myself up and called myself names.

That is not healthy.

My recovery today is about my progress not perfection.

The recovery program works like mountain climbers tied together with ropes who find safe and secure ways of learning and finding new skills in living a healthier life today.

The recovery program helped me understand that I could not do it on my own, to become healthy I needed to listen learn and relate from to and from other like minded goal seeking people, to see and 
feel myself in other people and their experiences both healthy and unhealthy.

By going to meetings in time you will understand your emotional triggers, you will understand why you are emotionally vulnerable.

The recovery program is a healing process, as you to meetings your fears will reduce, your trusts will grow, and my physical age and emotional age got closer.

With each lie comes growing fears.

It is important that we abstain from unhealthy habits before healing can happen.

It is not possible to start healing process if we are still hurting our self.

Recovery takes time, money was never going to give me emotional resolve.

Once I give up talking about money gambling and being in action I can start getting focused on today and my future.

Just for today I will not gamble is a boundary that I set for myself to say just for today only I will not hurt myself.

The strength of the recovery program is when your wording changes from just for today I will not to just for today I will fulfill my needs, just for today I will fulfill my wants, and just for today I will extend my goals.

I needed to be honest committed and accountable to myself.

Love peace and best wishes to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham.
That truly resignated with me, I have just started my first day and have put a calendar on the side hoping to circle ⭕️ each day I don’t hurt myself
Thanks
(17-07-2019, 11:18 PM)Fruitwannalosethecake Wrote: That truly resignated with me, I have just started my first day and have put a calendar on the side hoping to circle ⭕️ each day I don’t hurt myself
Thanks

Hi

Thank you for your response to my postings.

Each day was baby steps for me at the beginning of my recovery.

Handing over my finances was very helpful for me as I could not trust myself with money.

My dedication of going to meetings in a healthy way, arriving early so I could be more relaxed was very important to my recovery.

For each unhealthy habit I exchanged in to healthy habit excelerated my healthy recovery.

Love peace serenity and to every one 

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham
(17-07-2019, 11:18 PM)Fruitwannalosethecake Wrote: That truly resignated with me, I have just started my first day and have put a calendar on the side hoping to circle ⭕️ each day I don’t hurt myself
Thanks

Hi

The more time and effort you put in to your recovery the quicker and more secure your recovery and your future will become.

People will often ask me why attend meetings if it is long time since my last bet.

At meetings I found out how much more healthier I can get from my life.

The more time and effort you put in to your recovery you find out how much more you can achieve each day.

Regards Dave L