Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for today I will not Gamble a boundary that I am going to hurt myself today!
Hi

Just for today I will not Gamble a boundary that I am going to hurt myself today!

Yet why did I gamble, was it a form of escape, was it fear based, that I was unable to cope emotionally.

Once I attended meetings I would learn that my addictions and obsessions were a form of escape, escaping people life and situations I could not cope with.

Today I understand that my addictions and my obsessions were just the symptoms, that only once I abstained from my addictions and my obsessions could my healing start.

Every form of abuse, caused fears in me that I did not understand.

A questioned asked is it possible to heal our pains with out knowing every painful event, yes I think it is possible.

The consequences of all forms of abuse, is fears, my instant reaction indicates to me that I am not fully healed.

The power of recovery comes when Just for today I will not changes to just for today I WILL, to over come our fears, to over come our procrastination, to over come our lack of confidence and self esteem, I WILL do or say any thing to become healthy and whole in myself.

Just abstaining on its own was not healing that hurt inner child in me, in time with 11 counselors and healthy therapies more and more came out of me.

No one or thing was going to stop me gambling, no one or thing was going to make me become more motivated in myself.

The ideal situation is to be completely emotionally detached from all form of addictions and obsessions.

In order to love other people I needed to learn to love myself.

In order to have intimate relationships with other people I needed to have intimate relationship with myself.

In order to respect other people I needed to learn to respect myself. 

Each day take inventory of myself, were my actions and words healthy towards myself, each day inventory of myself, were my actions and words healthy towards all other people.

The recovery program is about healing, if I am not willing to or able to admit to myself I am in pain how then can I get that pain healed.

The recovery program is about facing my fears, if I am not willing to or able to admit to myself I live in fears how then can I get those fears faced.

The recovery program is about healing our pains.

The recovery program is about reducing our fears.

The recovery program is about us being honest to our self, only then can I be honest with other people.

The recovery program is about us learning patience and tolerance with our self, only then can we have patience and tolerance with other people.

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham