Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is spiritual recovery, what was the process, what do I think success is today.
Hi

What is spiritual recovery, being a non religious person, spiritual recovery means I am able to interact in healthy ways and no longer live in fear.

What is spiritual recovery, being able to live in today, it also means I no longer hurt myself or other people today.

What is spiritual recovery, being the healthiest person I can be today.

What was the process for me, in walking in to the recovery program I was emotionally traumatized, I feared being honest, I feared being seen in the recovery program, I feared facing myself and my feelings, I feared the postman, I feared the telephone, I feared strangers coming to the front door, I feared every day in front of me in my life.

What was the recovery process, as I attended more meetings my fears reduced, as I attended more meetings my trust grew, as I attended more meetings I was able to stop hurting myself and causing myself pains.

What was the recovery process, recovery was a healing process, I would not be able to heal if I was not willing or able to acknowledge my pains, I would not be able to reduce my fears if I was not willing or able to acknowledge my fears, I would not be able to reduce my frustrations if I was not willing to reduce my expectations of people life and situations.

What do I think success is today, success today is not about money, success today is about my ability to become more productive with my healthy feelings, my healthy actions, and my healthy words.

People cannot give me success, success is achieved my own actions and words towards myself and  towards other people, am I able to interact with all people, or do I react in unhealthy ways and cause stress up on myself.

Do I measure my the last date I went back to my addictions and obsessions, or do I measure how I feel with in myself today.

Every action has consequences, healthy actions and healthy words heave healthy  consequences, unhealthy actions and healthy words heave unhealthy consequences, by not changing with in myself, by not healing with in myself, I remain feeling the same way I walked in to the recovery program.

If I acknowledge my pains I can heal from them, if I acknowledge my fears I can reduce them, if I acknowledge my frustrations I can reduce them, if I acknowledge my inadequacies I can learn more about them, if I acknowledge my ignorance I can learn, if I acknowledge my emotional vulnerability I can learn what my emotional triggers are or were.

The gambling the addictions and the obsessions were just the symptoms I was emotional vulnerable, that did not mean I was a weak person, in fact by the time I walked in to the recovery program I was already a survivor, I just needed to heal and acknowledge the pains in me that were not healed.

What would be my trigger to find healthy living, what would help me to no longer be the victim, what would help me to no longer be the perpetrator, what would help me to no longer live in fear of today.

Who I was on day one walking in to the recovery program, is not who I am today, the time of healing my hurt inner child is my choice today, to stop being or feeling emotionally vulnerable was my choice each day I abstain from unhealthy habits.

At what point did my motives change to healthy motives each day, to no longer person please, to no longer try to impress people, to no longer live in fear, to no longer live in the past, but to learn from the past, to learn from each of my emotional triggers.

The recovery program for me is non religious, the recovery program works for any one who is willing to invest more time and more effort in to finding healthy living, one day at a time.

The recovery program is not a race, the recovery program is slow healing process, the recovery program is going to help people become the person they would like to be, the recovery program is going to help people feel they could achieve so much more with their life.

The recovery program is about healthy progress not perfection.

The healthy people in the recovery program would help me become more patient and tolerant with in myself.

The recovery program would help me see I had more potential in myself than I thought I had.

The recovery program would help me see myself in other people, both their unhealthy ways but more importantly their healthy ways.

The recovery program is very much like mountain climber,  by being interlinked with like minded healthy people I would find healthy paths in my life today by listening to other people learning curves in how they lived healthy safe lives today.

The recovery program helped me understand that my unhealthy risk taking put myself at risk as well as people close to me.

The money was just the fuel for my addiction and ways of me escaping people life and situations I could not  cope with.

By taking away the money did not take away the fears of people life and situations I felt with in myself.

By reducing the money I had up on my person each day helped me by not doing so much damage to myself and other people.

The lists of my fears I use to have reduced in numbers but also reduced in levels each day.

The lists of my fears was a consequence of pains caused up on me in my life journey.

The pains I caused myself and pains I caused other I would face and acknowledge in my slow learning curve.

Did I know what love was all bout walking in to the recovery program.

Did I know how to value myself each day, did I know how to celebrate in a healthy ways walking in to the recovery program.

Did I know how to respect myself more each day, did I know how to no longer beat myself up and to forgive myself.

Did I know how to set up healthy boundaries in healthy ways.

Was I able to give myself the conscious decision to no longer be the victim.

To help me understand that I am unable to change other people in my life today.

To help me understand that I am able to change my unhealthy reactions to other people in my life today.

I have the choice today to be productive in my actions and my words today.

I have the choice today to live in today and learn from it.

I am able to learn from the past but not live in it.

The recovery program helped me understand that my healthy actions and my healthy words impact me in so many ways yet also impacts people today close to me today.

The just today is living in the present moment.

The just today is healthy learning curve where I feel I am a part of today.

What are my needs today, what are my wants today, hat are my goals today, 

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham.