Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a little help
I seem to be slipping back into online gambling quite badly, how do you guys deal with this, I'm open to any suggestions Sad
Dreamcatching

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for you share.

I imagine there are a lot of people staying at home with this problem, especially with the Coronavirus.

What helped me was I got someone I trust to look after my finances and tell them the reason why, then I got anti gambling software for my phone/computer. This made it more difficult for me to gamble.

For me getting to the other side of my compulsive gambling, I had to make some changes to my mindset and try my best to do my 'Just for todays' which you can find in the (Orange book) here on this website.

Attending my local GA meeting once a week helped me build the foundation of my own recovery, I read all the reading material that GA and AA had to offer.

I would suggest remember the last date you had a bet, this will become important for you going forward.

Everyone is different, some people need more help than others, but writing on this forum asking for help is a great step in the write direction.

Good luck on your journey through recovery.

In Unity
Martin
My name is Martin, I am a compulsive gambler, my last bet was 29.9.2017. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things that I can, and wisdom to know the difference.