Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debt, depression and despair
Hi guys and girls, 

I feel like my life is just about to fall apart. It's just knowing when the best time to do it is.

Of course, there is never a good time.

To cut a long story short. I am a compulsive gambler with a loving wife who wants nothing more than to buy a house and have kids.

Obviously my traits mean I keep all money concerns to myself and get angry when she questions when we can buy a house. She knows I am in debt, but she thinks it's around the xx mark. In truth, it's around xx.

My addiction has led to depression and lies upon lies. I have arranged a meeting with a therapist as I know it can no longer continue. But coming completely clean has the potential for me to be moving home with my mum should my wife decide enough is enough.

She has every right to. It's always a lie. I relapsed at Cheltenham last Autumn and though came clean about the gambling, didn't mention the financials. My relationship with money is awful and I have no dreams or aspirations anymore.

Wish me luck.
Hi hope your ok, just read your post and can totally relate to your situation. Ive been a gambler since i was about 16years old, 49 now, gambled on and off since then, worse now online just pressing buttons and your money just disappears. I mainly gamble on horse racing, have lost a fortune over the years but its the time ive wasted aswell. Ive seriously had enough now, i need help.

Good luck
Hi hope your ok, just read your post can totally  relate to your situation. Ive been a gambler since i was 16years old 49 now. When i gamble mainly on horse racing  I'll spend every penny. Embarrassing it is, think to myself get a grip but its like, the devil inside says carry on, ive finally had enough, gambling online just pressing buttons and losing all your hard earned.

Good luck