Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trust
Hi
    I'm a new user only joined today and am really struggling with the fact I'm an addict, I've had addictions in the past cocaine and alcohol but really thought I was past them as they were many years ago, I attempted suicide on Wednesday but fortunately was brought back to life but my partner just doesn't trust me at all now will I ever earn this trust back?
Hey Casey,

You are not alone in this extremely progressive addiction that sadly can take us very low. Have you sought any help..attended any ga meetings? I also sought help from my doctor and the Samaritans .

Wish I could say that trust can come back overnight. It doesn’t necessarily as what can take months and years to earn can be fragmented instantly. That being said I’ve seen many addicts gain back a lot of trust in relationships by forging new and positive emotional honesty.

Have you read back some of the other shares in the forum...let us know how you are doing.

Never forget there is help out there.

Smartie
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

(20-12-2020, 07:43 PM)Casey sullivan Wrote: Hi
    I'm a new user only joined today and am really struggling with the fact I'm an addict, I've had addictions in the past cocaine and alcohol but really thought I was past them as they were many years ago, I attempted suicide on Wednesday but fortunately was brought back to life but my partner just doesn't trust me at all now will I ever earn this trust back?

Hi

In time I learned that I could not trust myself.

For me being an addict took me to very unhealthy low states of mind I felt   that my addictions and obsessions controlled me.

Trust could only happen once I healed my pains and and gave more of myself to my recovery.

What ever I wanted from life and relationships I had to give to myself first of all.

Every pain in my life caused fears in me that I did not understand.

There are so many fears to understand each one and to understand my self took a long time.

Just for me to abstain only took lots of time.

Trust was possible only once my fears reduced and only once I healed my pains.

It was not possible for me to heal other peoples pain.

Just because I abstained from my unhealthy addictions and from my unhealthy obsessions did not mean at all that I was being a healthy person.

The choice was mine to make to exchange unhealthy habits in to healthy habits.

I did try to take my own life, it was due to the fact I felt so weak and emotionally vulnerable.

After suffering so much pain in life I was unable to articulate my feelings and emotions.

I was in effect suffering from Physical and emotional trauma.

My inner child had not healed and due to trauma I was unable to mature and grow in healthy ways, I was very much emotionally stunted.

So abstaining helped me move from unhealthy self abuse.

After abstaining I was able to move towards healthy habits and give up healthy habits taking slow baby steps.

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham