Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
Hi my names Adam, im 24 and im a compulsive gambler, today is the day im drawing
aline under it all, ive lost my self respect and im turning into someone that i deeply despise i have reached the lowest you can imgaine, im not just hurting myself but also my family and love ones im a better person than this enough is enough today is the last day i'll place a bet.
i wish you all the best mate i've been a compulsive gambler for 25 years and am worse then ever now.i used to have dreams now i have only despair in my life thats what gambling has done to me. your young enough to recover mate and god willing you will i hope theres one less person who throws there life away to this evil disease.
Hi Adam and welcome.
From your post you sound strong and determined, and long may your resolve continue.
To help you on your recovery journey are organisations, software and counselling services, please use some if not all , because the more techniques, barriers, knowledge the better. GA meetings are also fantastic as there you talk and listen and understand others who are on your wave length and really know what an urge does, how the mind is over taken how the rational is distorted, its only there you get the unity and support thats needed for continued abstainace. GA chat is also a great tool and many times i have seen and heard great support from many a user who have entered the room in great despair, laughter is also heard in the chat room which is often a forgotten sound for the mithered gambler. So come along you would be greatly recieved....