Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
partner
Hi there,
I am worried about my partner's gambling but am not sure if GA can help him. Things are not as extreme as the cases I have read about and the information on here suggests but I want him to get help before it spirals out of control completely. He is not borrowing money to gamble and as far as I know is not lying to me about gambling as he seems to tell me every time, even when he has a huge loss. He is compulsive though and he chases it and afterwards can't understand how he could have gone so far.
It is mainly on line poker which is the problem, but he has recently increased on line spread bets on rugby games so he has a couple going on on a saturday and a sunday. If he looses at either he plays the other to try and make it up. When I leave the house I know he says to himself he is not going to play poker and yet it is like he can't help himself. I am worried that this is just the first stage of a downward spiral. He did admit he might have a problem the other night but then tried to reason and justify it. I know until he faces up to it there is nothing I can do.
I am just wandering if anyone things GA would be of benifit. I'm worried that even if he does admit there is a problem that if he goes to a meeting and hears other people who's problem is a few stages ahead of his that it will just justify that he is OK. Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
partner - by Jo - 24-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Re: partner - by David Barnsley - 01-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Re: partner - by tj - 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Re: partner - by Steven - 02-01-2010, 10:50 AM