Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addicted to online gambling
Hi,
I don't know if there is anything anyone can say or do that will be able to help me but I can't stop gambling and I'm about to lose everything because of it.
It started about 2 years ago with online bingo and since then it's got worse where now I'm spending money myself and my husband can't afford to lose.
I've managed to get us in to lots of debt over the last few years and each time my husband realises what I've done I've always promised not to do it again and thought I could solve the problem myself but now I realise I can't. It's got to the point where my husband can't trust me and doesn't want to live like this anymore so is ready to leave me so I desperately want to stop gambling now in the hope that it's not too late.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and if anybody can suggest any way which I can help myself or get the help I need I would be so greatful.
Thanks, Gem.
Hello Gem, This sure is a insidious disease and once we are bitten can go to any lengths to have our next bet, in the hope that we will win so that we can give it back the next time and around and around we go in the vicious cycle.
You must want to stop for yourself firstly and not by the threat of your husband leaving although that may be what you need to make you stand up and realize that you need help. I tried various things to try and stop when I was in the grips of gambling but found the only solution for me was in a Gamblers Anonymous meeting where I could share my story knowing that the other members there had walked where I was. That is a program of honesty but first you need to admit that you are powless over your gambling and are willing to do what the program sugests. The one thing I have learned is that us compulsive gamblers can not do this alone and need the support and help of the program.
I wish you well and hope you can go to a nearbye meeting.
regards
Helen 10 year ga australia