Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help!
Hi Mike, Now that you are reaching out for help you need to do something about it. Firstly, you have to stop thinking about what you have lost. All of us compulsive gamblers have had many and varied losses due to our gambling - some more than others but you need to get yourself to a GA meeting as soon as possible. Don't let false pride or ego keep you back, you can go much further if you don't stop now. Your wife already knows about your gambling and you also need to make sure that she knows everything - don't hold anything back as little lies, deceipts etc can hold us back from recovery. Maybe a good idea for your wife to go along to a Gamanon meeting as she is also a victim as must be hurting as much as you are. Your extended family can be told later on when you are well into recovery.
Other people will come along here later and give lots of other help and advice - Please take note of what they are saying.
These people have been where you are and we understand what you are saying and how you are hurting.
Take Care and come back and let us know how you are and what steps you have taken to get help. We all care!
Helen

Messages In This Thread
I need help! - by mike - 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Re: I need help! - by red - 04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Re: I need help! - by Guest - 04-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Re: I need help! - by Guest - 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Re: I need help! - by Guest - 05-02-2010, 12:49 AM