Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My son is a gambler
hi my heart goes out to you. my son is 19 he has'nt gambled now for 9months it been hard (very hard at times).i had his bank card several times and after a short time he would want it back and started gamling again. we never bailed him out, i sorted out his wage, looked after his spending money and cleared all debt with his money.
I feel sick when i think he could gamble again but i think he feels the same. we take him to ga each weeks and he accepts that this is a livetime problem. just when you think things are good he goes on a downer and feels depressed but we talk a lot and that time passes without gambling. (so far )
could you encourage your son to go to ga. let you have his money again and let you help, also the doctor now can refer him for councelling to help with his addictive personality. we have just done this and waiting for my sons appointment.
good luck, hope you can get something sorted. it is an illness and i am proud of the progress my son as made but always worried that we can go right back to where we started.gaynor

Messages In This Thread
My son is a gambler - by Margaret - 22-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Guest - 23-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Re: My son is a gambler - by MA - 29-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Worried Mum - 31-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Re: My son is a gambler - by gaynor - 20-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Marc - 24-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Barrieexgambler - 25-09-2010, 06:40 AM