Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gambling has ruined my life
Hi Gary,

I, like you, have recently realised the extent of my problem and have wondered what I am doing to my life. For me it was online poker. The first time around I had that big win that would have set everything straight and I lost it all. The first time I came clean I thought that would be it but the amount I had lost still played on my mind. A few months later I thought I could get it back and that I would be much more controlled this time. I knew my mistakes from the last time so it would be fine. Needless to say it didn't happen (and was never going to) and I have lost a vast sum of money. After coming clean to all with my family, my partner and myself it feels different. The money I have lost this time is much more than the last but I have no desire to get it back like before. I just want to get the real me back and the trust of the people I love.

Reading through this forum at my lowest point really helped me to realise what I need to do. I am going to my first GA meeting on Monday and getting counselling also.

I hope it works out for you and I hope you go to a meeting too.

Messages In This Thread
Gambling has ruined my life - by Guest - 24-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Re: Gambling has ruined my life - by Matt - 27-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Re: Gambling has ruined my life - by Guest - 28-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Re: Gambling has ruined my life - by Guest - 10-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Re: Gambling has ruined my life - by Poster David - 12-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Re: Gambling has ruined my life - by ladbrokes king - 13-03-2010, 12:15 AM