Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I or am I not!!
I gamble on horses nothing else i've won and lost money all over the years!!

I've sold my house and have money in the bank due to break up with girl friend.Yesterday i lost a lot of money on the horses and had to stop before i lost control(many would say you've lost control as soon as you started)but i did stop.I feel sick this morning cos i want it back,i will not bet for at least a couple of weeks now but will start again thats my trouble and i'm really scared of the future.I know i need some kind of help and i have realised it.I paid all my bills this morning just to keep me on top of things,but as i said i will go back to gambling....hope this makes sense
Hi Russell,

The hard thing for any compulsive gambler is admitting we have a problem.It seems that you have overcome that 1st hurdle....the next one is reading or listening to other gamblers stories and comparing yourself to there story.I'm not as bad as them....im not like them...can sometimes be the 1st reaction but ultimatly we all have a different tale.
I never stole,robbed or abused anybody but my life was destroyed by gambling and ive now abstained for 6 years this year thanks to Ga..i was made bankrupt over 5 years ago but in time i realised i had an emotinal illness and not a financial one.
I hope you get to a meeting soon my friend and just to let you know we have a certain friend in common in London.

Uif

Robert
Hello!!

I knew i had a problem a few years ago but you just think you can get back on top and it just goes away.For the last 2 0r 3 days thats all i've been doing is reading and compairing stories to my own gambling ways.Its been 4 days since i last had a bet and i don't even want one,but i know that time will come when i will put the laptop on and have a bet.

I will take it a day at a time and read this forum and hopefully go to a GA meeting.

Thanks for your reply much appreciated.

Good luck.

R