Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today is the day, finally!!!!!
Hi all

My name is Suzanne, and I am a gambler

I have just spent the last 2 hours reading some of the stories in the forum, and it all sounds too familiar to me. I have been a gambler for the last 20 years and am now going to try and hopefully succeed with the help from all of you to STOP for good.

I am a successful salesperson and to others may seem the perfect person, but little do they know that I fight with a demon everyday. I know that I am the only person that can change this, so am going to be setting some baby steps for myself. I am going to be taking each and every day as a hurdle that I need to overcome, and Day 1 starts tomorrow as I have been gambling online today. I have also looked up the local GA meeting and will be attending that next Monday evening so that I can also have the support that I need to achieve this.

I want and need to start living, and realise that I cannot change what has happened in the past, but can change what will happen in the future.

I will keep you posted on my progress and will appreciate any words of wisdom that anyone has to offer.

Messages In This Thread
Today is the day, finally!!!!! - by suzanne1970 - 01-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Re: Today is the day, finally!!!!! - by Davie - 01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Re: Today is the day, finally!!!!! - by Guest - 02-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Re: Today is the day, finally!!!!! - by Guest - 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Re: Today is the day, finally!!!!! - by GP - 03-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Re: Today is the day, finally!!!!! - by Guest - 06-03-2010, 07:20 PM