Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know if they are an addict?
Hi,

I'm new to this and I'm looking for some advice please. I want to know if my boyfriend is an addict. He plays online poker. He plays first thing in the morning before work and is often late for work because he gets involved with his play, this is normally for an 1 and a half. Then when he comes home, he plays for another 2 or so hours. At the weekend it is much worse. Again in the morning, then if we aren't going out he will play all day. When (!) he is not playing he visits forums to improve his play etc. I have no idea what his money situation is like, sometimes he does tell me about what is has been like on the tables, but mostly I can not talk to him whilst he is playing or about how it has gone.
I feel it takes up all his free time and he devotes most of his energy to poker. Through play or research. We have tried to reduce play time, have 1 night off a week etc, but he always slips back to his default position. He knows how I feel about it. We are due to be married soon, I don't want to marry a man who invests more time in virtual cards than his wife!

So any advice or suggestions please? Thanks

Messages In This Thread
How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 28-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by westy - 29-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 29-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by been there - 29-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 29-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 30-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 02-04-2010, 12:45 AM