Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know if they are an addict?
hi all,

Pinki, i'm going through a similar situation. On Friday of last week, I found out my partner of 21 month has a gambling addiction (not sure what type of an addict he is). I had what i believed to be fraudulent activity on my bank account, when i asked my partner if it was him he said no! no way. he even persuaded me to prosecute in order for me to believe it wasn't him. how ever friday came and i received a call telling me it the name of the person responsible. we have split up as im in my final year of uni and have a lot on at the minute.
i really dont want my relationship to be over as i love him so much, but i refuse to be with him until i can trust him...and i can only do that after he gets help so far he has been to 2 meetings in one week (A good sign i hope).

for you to be nearly wed to your partner makes mine situation seem less .... how can i put it, ....destructive.
i hope you can convince your partner to take the first step which i believe is admitting he has a problem.
I am very new to this situation and have many questions on my own thread (titled Help!!), so i don't believe im ina position to give you quality advice.

the reasoning for my reply was two fold, firstly to let you know im going through a similar situation and secondly and selfishly, for my benefit, i need help in dealing with the fact my partner (who i believed loved me) stole the remainder of my student loan leaving me with nothing. im hurting, but at the same time realise that it is an 'illness' and i want to be strong enough to help him through,,, even as a friend.

p.s sorry for going on!

Messages In This Thread
How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 28-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by westy - 29-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 29-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by been there - 29-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 29-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 30-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Re: How do you know if they are an addict? - by Guest - 02-04-2010, 12:45 AM