Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound familiar?
Hi Andy,
This is my first time posting on here. I am a compulsive gambler and had my last bet on 7th march 2004. What i will say is that i would not have got this far without attending regular ga meetings. Even though i have a very stubborn character and thought i could do this alone ,i really did struggle and without the help and support of fellow ga members i know i would not have come this far.
I will give you a lttle background to my story.My dad used to take me to the dog racing at an early age and even put bets on for me while watching saturday afternoon horse racing (not blaming him by the way) and from then on i had the gambling bug. Whilst a teenager i would only have a saturday flutter,once i started work things just went downhill. I was regularly lending money to gamble and the worst point altogether was when my wife was seriously ill and we had no money i still could not stop.I was crying out to be found out and to confess all but was placing large bets on my telephone account as i had a separate account from my wife. Anyway to cut a long story short i had a bank statement come to the house and my other half opened this and all hell broke loose. She gave me an ultimatum, out the door or get help-now, if that was me it just would of been out the door. I really hope you beat this as it is very hard and i still have the urge to place a bet, but you must get in touch with your local ga meeeting. All the best

Messages In This Thread
sound familiar? - by Guest - 29-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by stopnow - 02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 02-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 03-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 06-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Re: sound familiar? - by Guest - 18-05-2010, 10:05 PM