Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another student gambler
If you never gambled you would not be in the financial position you have around your neck. You are in denial if you are saying that you need to take care of your finances but not the source. You need to go to a GA meeting and talk to someone there and i'm sure they will be able to tell if you are a compulsive gambler or not. If you continue to gamble you will either end up in prison or go insane. How much proof do you need to tell if you are a compulsive gamber or not? Sorry if I am sounding a bit harsh, but I have been in your position and was in denial for many years until gambling nearly killed me. I was also in and out of the GA program for over 15 years until I finally admitted that gambling had me beat.
This is the only advice that I can give - just go to one meeting and see if you think you are any different to the other people in that GA room. You also need to come clean with your family and don't hold back - tell them everything. They may be shocked and hurt but at least you won't have to carry this burden around in secret.
Best wishes
Helen

Messages In This Thread
another student gambler - by andy b - 06-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Re: another student gambler - by caz - 07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Re: another student gambler - by helen - 08-05-2010, 04:18 AM