Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help for an enabler
Just because we cry it doesn't mean we aren't strong Cat. I find it so inspirational that you've stuck by this man through thick and thin, I maybe mistaken but you don't seem to have children or be married so you could have walked away long ago. He is angry and that's ok, most addicts are angry when you confront them with it, just as an alcoholic or a junkie is. You are doing the right thing by concentrating on yourself right now. It reminds me of the saying 'happy wife, happy life' I know it sounds stupid but if you aren't happy then nothing will work out because you won't be able to share that happiness with him and that could be a push to him making a change and if it doesn't go that way you will always be able to look back and say that you did your best in the relationship and who could ask for more than that. Hope to hear from you when you've been to the meeting. I'm old, 50 now so if I seem like a know-it-all I don't mean to come off that way, I've just had a lot of life experience lol Take care.

Messages In This Thread
help for an enabler - by Guest - 19-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Re: help for an enabler - by Guest - 20-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Re: help for an enabler - by Guest - 24-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Re: help for an enabler - by Guest - 25-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Re: help for an enabler - by Guest - 26-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Re: help for an enabler - by Guest - 26-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Re: help for an enabler - by claire - 05-06-2010, 07:58 PM