Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im my own worst enemy
Hi my name is Dave and I am a compulsive Gambler.

For me recovery is a maturing process is also a healing process and a spiritual embracing program which occurred for me once I over come my fears and nervousness and able to learn to trust.
Hi Name is Dave and I am a compulsive gambler.

There is no doubt in my mind that I was my own worst enemy and you reach a point where you recognize that beating our self up never helped us in any way.

In a time in recovery I have heard and done it myself thinking I must be stupid dumb evil wrong mad etc

Often before going to gambling I would often say "Oh who cares any way" that had nothing to do about other people and everything to do about me not caring for myself.

In recovery I understood that I was not very caring about myself in so many ways and often said and did some very unhealthy things in my life long before my addictions and obsessions.

In time I was willing to become very selfish and do my recovery for me and no one else and not let anyone or anything get in the way of my recovery.

By me being more caring about myself I am able to be more caring towards other people as I learned to trust myself I was able to trust other people.

In my addiction I was very much on adrenaline high and thought that adrenaline rush and buzz was happiness and that life was slow and boring.

Every unhealthy habit I exchanged for a healthy habit demonstrated how much I valued myself and also showed that I cared about myself.

Every time I went towards addictions and obsessions I got weaker and weaker and did not like myself, recovery each day gives me an alternative path in my life.

I have the choice to interact with people and not react to unhealthy peoples actions around me.

Each one can have the choice to embrace spiritual interactions with other people and no longer hide in our pains and fears any more.

Love and peace to everyone

Messages In This Thread
im my own worst enemy - by Guest - 19-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Guest - 25-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Guest - 26-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by andy again - 27-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Guest - 27-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Guest - 29-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by T - 05-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Death of me - 20-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Can only get better - 22-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Re: im my own worst enemy - by Guest - 07-10-2010, 06:29 AM