Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same old problem
Rich,

Meetings -yes they do. It is difficult to explain why because different people take different things from them. I have tried for many years, and so have others, to figure out why I/we gamble. Some can do it others cannot -I knowI can't. For me it is a case of accepting that going to a meeting results in no gambling, clarity of thought and peace of mind. They take me to a place I cannot get to when I am on my 'own'. I would advise going to a meeting asap (there is a list on this website) and seeing what you think. When I first started going the phrase that stuck was you can either give up a couple of hours a week (or more if you can get to more than one meeting) by giving GA a chance or go back to your misery - it is a no brainer (but then you may wonder why I am in the position I am today -easy -by not going to meetings and thinking I was ok. All about accepting your shortcomings and admitting you need help). And think one day at a time -difficult to imagine a gambming free life after years of gambling -one day at a time.

Messages In This Thread
Same old problem - by Guest - 08-06-2010, 03:25 AM
Re: Same old problem - by andy again - 08-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Re: Same old problem - by Guest - 08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Re: Same old problem - by rich - 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Re: Same old problem - by Guest - 09-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Re: Same old problem - by STOPNOW - 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM