Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE - My Nephew
I was recently informed by a family member that my nephew had a gambling problem approx 14 years ago. He attended a private clinic at the time to help with the problem. He is now living with myself and my husband. As I had been informed of his previous problem, I was advised to be vigilant regarding his internet activity. Over the past few weeks, I have discovered that he has been using online gambling sites on a daily basis. I am so worried about him. He is such a lovely guy, hard worker, a joy to have living in my house and the best nephew anyone could have. It has absolutely broken my heart to discover that he had this problem and even worse, that it seems like he has not stopped. I have very little experience of gambling and don't understand the addiction at all. Unfortunately, when he was younger, he spent a lot of time with his mother's brothers, all three of whom are serious gamblers. Would someone please tell me what I should do. Do I ask him about it? Should I tell his parents? Any advice would be gratefully received. I really am at my wits end. Thanks