Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stopping gambling once and for all
Hi im a 32 year old whose been a compulsive gambler for 16 years now. It has truly taken everything away from me, most importantly my 3 kiddies.
Ive ruined 3 excellent relationships, been in trouble with the law and have begged, borrowed and stolen thousands to feed my addiction.
Ive only been bet free for about 30 days at any one time and its only day 2 again.
Ive went to rehab, seen councillors and went to many GA meetings but just didnt stick at them.
Why should I spend 2-3 hours 2-3 days a week at a meeting opening my heart up when the addiction would come back and bite again I thought?
In rehab I lasted 3 weeks as I was having the washing machine effect in my head, becoming frustrated, jealous and depressed.
I have a really good education and was starting a masters last year but my head just wasent able to focus as I was in the bookies before and after classes.
My job prospects look very bleak at the mo as Im going to have a criminal record very soon. But at least I still have a job no matter how menial.
I just need to sort my life out as every aspect of it-health, finances, relationships, friendships have all been affected by it.
And what do I have to show for it?? Nothing

Messages In This Thread
stopping gambling once and for all - by Guest - 16-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Re: stopping gambling once and for all - by superdebs - 04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Re: stopping gambling once and for all - by Guest - 05-08-2010, 03:10 PM