Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
support
hi i joined this site hoping for some support hoping it would give me the confidence to go along to my local g a group. sadly theres no one here.so will have to try to find some counselling.i wish everyone with this cruel illness finds a way to get help but most of all i wish i could find the confidence to go to a meeting.
Tallula

Please do not give up hope, you have made a brave move by adding your post onto this site so you do have it in you to visit the GA rooms. It took me 5 attempts to walk through the door in a GA meeting, i kept parking in the car park, watching loads of people walking into a community center not knowing if they were GA members or not. Eventually i plucked up the courage to walk in and i can tel you this was the best day of my Gambling life. You are not judged, you do not have to speak if you don't want to but believe me you will feel such a sense of relief, a weight that has been lifted, realising that you are not alone and that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel. When you are ready, give it a go. Good luck.