Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At last i admit to myself
At last I have finally admitted my problems, i have been gambling for several years starting small but getting bigger by the day. I have built up lots of debt and on tuesday night i finally confessed all to my husband who was oblivious to what was going on. It was the hardest thing i have ever done but i couldnt take anymore, the sick i felt inside was unbearable, he was understanding and we talked alot about how to get out of this problem. Ii know its only a short time but i have managed not to gamble since, I am sat at work on my own which is when the worst times are so i thought i would join this forum to help. It is good to read that i am not the only person who has got themselves in a really stupid mess and it has given me hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to go the a local meeting and with the support of my husband i am sure i can do it becasue i want to and thats the main thing I WANT TO NOT GAMBLE ANYMORE!!!! thanks for listening if you read this post.
Admitting to a loved one is very hard and it is a tremendous thing that you have been able to do so. However admitting to yourself that you have a problem is even harder, as when our emotional stability is ever questioned we inevitably get defensive and say ''yes, I can control my gambling''. You, on the other hand, have stated that you do not wish to gamble again which a lot of new members to GA fail to realise. You should take that as a huge positive and advantage over other compulsive gamblers who still want to bet, just in moderation. The fact is, we can't bet; just for today.

Go to your local GA meeting as you said with an open mind. You will hear stories of other people with the same problems as you and it will give you strength and hope. I wish you all the best with your recovery.

Edi
Hi,

We spoke today on the GA live chat. Just so you know, I am thinking of you and I hope you can find the strength not to gamble just for today. I wish you all the best in your recovery.
Hi edi

Thanks very much for talking to me the other day it was a great help, i havent gambled since we spoke and i am really pleased. Its still really hard when i am on my own at work but got the radio on and keeping my mind focused.

Take Care
Keep at it. If you need help log on to the live chat. I have been there quite a lot recently.

Stay strong