Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for my brother
Why is it my brother despite informing banks and credit card companies he is a gambler and does not want access to credit, they have no facility to bar him from accessing money. At present he is gambling using credit cards and an overdraft. We also asked them to change his bank account to 2 named signatories with no luck? Please help
My brother is middle aged and only started gambling a year ago after the recession affected his work.We still can't believe this has happened. He has always been a great dad and hard worker. He is a compulsive gambler. Up until now he has never been in debt but since splitting up from his wife he is spending more and using credit. Does he really have to reach rock bottom ? He is attending G.A. but can't go a week without gambling.
hi, i think your brother is at least realising that he needs help and has gone out there and got it. You just have to take it a day at a time, see he doesn't gamble today and that will be enough. My husband has been a compulsive gambler, well i say for 16 years of our 23 year marriage. He will say he's been a compulsive gambler all his life. At this moment in time, he hasn't gambled for at least 12 weeks which is a long time for him. When he dose relapse now, i am on the ball and nip it in the bud right away. He has no bank account. i give him an allowance each day as he is a taxi driver. The most he can gamble is his day's takings. We can't afford to lose this but if we do, we can pick up the pieces. As for hitting rock bottom, we have hit rock bottom so many times. When you think it can't get worse, it does. My advice: take it a day at a time, be there for your brother, but only he can stop if he really wants to