Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i stop i dont know what to do
Hi Lee, Sounds like you have the big 'CG'.!! It was not hard to identify with your story, except I went on to gamble most of my adult life. I'm not quite sure how I survived the life I led and did try Gamblers Anonymous quite a few times over the years but was never really ready to admit that I was powerless over my addiction. At the end of my gambling I really thought that I was going insane and so did other people that knew me. down on my knees, flat broke a criminal record, no job and no friends or family left I finally had to admit defeat and went to GA to get the only help that I really knew worked (I had tried other things eg Doctors,Phychologists,anti depressants and some illegal drugs) that was over 10 years ago and I still attend GA every week, because I know that if I stop attending I will go back to my old ways and I don't want to excperience that ever again.
Drop your pride, ego etc and go back to GA with an open mind and take from the meetings what you need and leave the rest there.
Best wishes and regards
Helen

Messages In This Thread
how do i stop i dont know what to do - by Guest - 19-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Re: how do i stop i dont know what to do - by helen - 20-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Re: how do i stop i dont know what to do - by Guest - 24-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Re: how do i stop i dont know what to do - by Guest - 27-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Re: how do i stop i dont know what to do - by globalcrossings - 22-09-2010, 09:14 PM