Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gambling
Hi all, The new football season has arrived which is bad news for some of us. I bet now and again but only big bets. I recently won a 3 figure sum and ended up losing the profit a week later with one bet. I should of taken the money and run but i wanted to win more and lose it at the same time. When i lose i feel happy because it brings me back to reality and i feel a sense of relief but when i win its fun but we all know where that road will lead.

Why dont we ever know when to quit. Why can't we be happy with a win and just leave it as that. Why do we have to keep betting and betting untill we have nothing left. Why do we not read the stories, past and present and not learn by there mistakes. Why dont we know that all were doing is taking money from each other because thats were the bookies get it from. I wish i knew why we do it. I dont think we really want to win but just want that excitment that comes with it.

Message to the Mods. If this message is too negative then i''m happy for you to change it.
I Have exactly word for word the same problem with my life. Can anyone help?
Hi richard and JJ,
I used to bet alot during the football season and if im totally honest I was usually in profit from my football bets. My problem was that i couldnt leave it there the winnings would end up in the roulette machine usually.
I went to GA last year and things got better for a while but I left and went back to betting small stakes on football, i managed like that for a while but eventually and inevitabley the old habit returned and even worse than ever before until i hit rock bottom.
I returned to GA 3 months ago and havent had a bet since, not even in the world cup, I know that i am a compulsive gambler and the next bet is the one to avoid!
My advice to you would be to attend a GA meeting and give it a chance (we reccomend you give it 90 days). It really does work and life is so much easier without gambling.
Come back on here and let us no how it goes.
Good Luck.
Chris