Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st visit to GA
Recently went to my frst GA meeting as I am out of control paying roulette machines to the point where I am throwing my bank card at the cashiers in the bookies demanding to top the machine up straight away & ranting at the machine like a man possessed. A GA I realised there are other people in the same boat & it certainly helps knowing you are not alone. For me the problems started about 4-5 years ago. ive always liked a bet and when the machines first got introduced in the bookies I was able to control it. However as my family increased in size & the mortgage, bills, clothes etc etc increased I felt I needed to win more money but obviously started staking more & more in the process. The problem I have found is gambling gave me that deluded dream that I can pay off my mortgage & live like a king for the rest of my life with no more worries. However when I eventually lose its like that dream is ruined & I have to face up to the fact I to work for money & there is no easy fix. I kept having a few days off from gambling but was unhappy as I needed that dream back - only to go round & round in circles losing, feeling like your souls been ripped out, chasing the dream again, losing etc. Ive now realised why I started betting which I hope is a good start & I know I will always need to work on controlling it. Instead I will try & focus my energy in being a good husband & dad (the most important thing in my life) Best wishes to everyone else who is trying to beat this illness.
CP
Recently went back to gambling and had the same problem ROULETTE was off gambling for over 8 years and forgot the golden rule keep going to GA i didnt and now i start that long weary trail again like you i have family who i must now be the biggest dissapointment since adam and eve at this present time i am sitting responding to your email rather than visiting my youngest son future daughter in law and two of my Grandsons cos my son will not speak to me or acknowledge i exist my wife has went on her own and should be back later i cannot complain as i instigated it by being weak and starting again but GA is the only way forward for me and should be for everyman or woman who has this addiction keep at it and you will find peace
my name is Dougie and i'm a compulsive Gambler