Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admitting I have a problem
Hi my name is Bri and this is the first time I have been on this site or considered I may have a problem.
Although I am not at rock bottom I realised I may be on my way.
Gambling has been such a large part of my life for the last 38 years and the biggest problem is
I love the contest.
I go for long periods without betting even when I have plenty of cash but when I go to the shop I lose myself in the gambling, I can forget my problems and if I dont back winners I can and have lost thousands in a day.
Today I took a few hundred off my credit card which I have never done before to gamble and that has been a rule I have stood by all my life , never borrow to bet.
The big problem is I cant see life without the gambling fix I use when Im down.
Help what should I do? It seems such drastic action to abstain from betting.
Hey Bri,
I had rules but rules went out the window when in action. Gambling was often a Blur, we didnt see things, I would arrive the morning with hundreds..win then loose, then win then loose and always leave broke, even if it were the next day. Rock Bottom will arrive...it did for me the pinicle moment we face this desease (thats what it is) and say enough is enough. For me other things made me go to GA but I wasnt ready to stop, not truly, I did for others and it was happyness for six months, no more hiding bank statements etc etc..but I slipped. Rock bottom hit 3yrs ago for me, not in gambling but life, since then gambling free and life is better...I owe this to GA and all I can suggest to you is you go to a meeting. If your not truly ready to change then there is nothing i can say or do to make you feel you must. All I can tell you is yesterday i didnt gamble and today I pray through diligence I will not either because im living a better life away from gambling..good luck it takes courage to post, find a meeting and go or dicuss with helpline members.