Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to stop asap !!
Hey,
Can I say what is worse for your family, hiding your problem and looking for an instant cure, ending up in prison or saying ok enough is enough time I fought this desease??. We ie you and I are compulsive gamblers, this means when we win we cannot stop until we end up losing, there is no cure for this if we continue to gamble.

What is worse in terms of shame?? being a man in prison or sitting your family down plucking up some dutch courage and blurting out all of the trouble and problems in your life and following this by saying "but i am going to do something about it and need your love and support to change".

I always used to think i am "not that bad" look at that idiot laying X amount down on four numbers on the roulette table, im just mediocre, but believe me when i say it would have sent me to prison also.

I slept rough due to gambling, didnt eat well and certainly didnt sleep well or pay the needed attention to my family/loved ones.

Now I sleep sound, I go to bed nothing in my mind but waking up the next day and having a "good day". Everyone loves a winner and everyone hates a loser but this is the biggest barrier us as compulsive gamblers have to face, we are not infact losers we just simply have a desease.

I will make you a promiss (i used to break them) if you tell your family everything, give up control of cash and start on a programme of recovery you WILL sleep that night, the next morning you will feel "born again" and this is the first day of the rest of your life from then on.

It takes a massive heap of courage to go to a meeting (I know) it takes a huge man to admit failings in life but once this is open we have nothing then to hide and can focus on making life better for us and those around us.

Please listen to me, I knoow if you do this it will be such a massive thing but you will see why life is better.

Its however down to you to find that courage.

B

Messages In This Thread
Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 01-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 02-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 04-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 10-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 11-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Re: Need to stop asap !! - by Guest - 21-10-2010, 06:09 PM