Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am 20, and i have just told my mum
Hello welnny,

"Meetings are the most important factor to a gamblers recovery"

This fact is so important that it appears on the "home" page of the Gamblers Anonymous (GA) website. Sadly, many browsers ignore it and look for an easier method. You will not be able to surf to a site where a magician appears, steps out of your monitor and "cures" you - you may spend many (fruitless) hours searching, but it will not happen.

"Meetings are the most important factor to a gamblers recovery"

Your nearest meeting can be found by clicking on the "meetings" tab on the "home" page. Another page will come up which contains the paragraph "Meetings are the key to a succesfull recovery from compulsive gambling. This is the single most important thing that you must do if you are serious about stopping gambling. To find a meeting near you please see the meetings panel to the right of the page." Eight regions appear on the right, click on the one which best describes your location. A drop down list appears with the names of the towns/cities where meetings, in that region, are located. Clicking on a town/city name brings up details of when and where the meeting is, clicking on the blue writing will generate a map of where the meeting is.

Then..............................you have to go.

You do not say where in the world you are - there are meetings worldwide, if you are prepared to put yourself out a bit and travel to attend. You use "pounds" to gamble and the gambling media you have been losing on sound like those found in the United Kingdom on the High Street in any town. Thus I have tailored the 'finding a meeting' click by click above for someone residing in the UK.

Remember, "Meetings are the most important factor to a gamblers recovery".

In my personal experience this was 100% true. I was unable to stop gambling, no matter what I tried, until I attended GA meetings. I still attend today and it is still the same (for me). I make no excuse for repeating myself in my reply above. Please read it again and follow the click to click guide to locate your nearest meeting - and then go. Other people who attend will be there for the same reason - you will have 'problem gambling' in common. "Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help other compulsive gamblers to do the same."

Yours in GA unity

'Poster' David

Messages In This Thread
i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by welnny - 10-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Re: i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by Guest - 11-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Re: i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by Poster David - 13-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Re: i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by Guest - 20-10-2010, 10:56 AM