Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am 20, and i have just told my mum
i am 20, started with fruit machines, led to online and roulette machines
i have dabbled in all types of gambling, i have lost hundreds of pounds etc.
i recently lost several hundred on online gambling, started by putting in a hundered, i then wanted it back when i lost it and it went on and on to several thousand where i knew i needed to stop.
i admitted it to my mum and my sister, my sister agreed to lend me some money to pay over the next few months.
i was ok for a week but i ended up getting drunk and losing money on a fruit machine, i re assesed and my finances were still ok, again a few spouts on roulette machines left me with wins and losses.
but with the wins comes money u can stand to lose but when u lose u then want it all back,
so it comes to a day when i was off ill from work, i went to town to put a cheque in and ended up thinking ok, i can afford to lose this in a shop. so i managed to win a little bit, but i kept going and this after an hour or 2 left me at spending my entire wages, with money due to come a day or so later i didnt know what i was going to do.
i looked for loans etc and i was going out of my head with worry and shame
so it came to telling my mum again, i knew she would be disappointed and i am with myself, even that day she had asked, have u been gambling etc, or u knew that is what she was getting at.
so i text her that night saying that i needed help, and that i had done it again.
she came to my room and i broke down and confessed what had happened,

so i am writing this 2 days after i told my mum it had happened again, she has bailed me out of my money issues, paying immediate stuff that needs to be payed which leaves me owing around several hundred or so over the next month or 2.

i know people say you shouldnt bail out, but in this case obv she is going to get it back from me but also i have given her my bank card, we have snapped all my other cards. i can now only get money by asking my mum to give it to me from my bank account, she knows my internet banking details so she knows the extent to my problems. so from now on if i want money i have to justify what it is for and that is all the money i am getting.
in a way although obviously i would rather have the money i lost, i am glad it happened because it has forced me into the situation i am now in. i may be skint for the next few months but i know i can now overcome this problem. my mum will have control of my money for as long as it takes whether it be a year or whatever.

if any of you guys find yourself in the same situation where u have hit rock bottom i really suggest doing the same, if like me u cant admit it face to face, write an initial text then i as hard as it is send the text because u know at that point u will have to face your problems and u will have someone there to help whether like me its your mum, or a sister or brother etc, i could have done this with numerous friends

if anyone around my age wants to talk then please message me or post a comment.

Messages In This Thread
i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by welnny - 10-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Re: i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by Guest - 11-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Re: i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by Poster David - 13-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Re: i am 20, and i have just told my mum - by Guest - 20-10-2010, 10:56 AM