Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The life in the eye's of a gambler .....
Glenn,
Pleased that you relate to me!! I was always the great one, good lad, good laugh, always if honest knew I had issues with gambling but never ever stopped. Always someone else "missus calling....just 5mins more i'll answer...was that an hour Oh crap, one more it's going to drop, must get my money back, skint, what to do, what to do, where can i borrow, best call the gf make an excuse"

"hey sweetheart"
"where ya been"
"just chatting to the lads, didn't see your call"

Rush home 90mph like an idiot, mind running 1000Mph, idiot, idiot, oh i'll make an excuse, borrow, paid friday.

Problem for me was the top part....I lost the missus...my stakes became bigger, my responsibilities gone.

I now needed to arrive to win....loose big, win big!! did very little of the winning...

I wish, I wish someone at 22 (and they tried) told me, helped me because I stole, cheated, lied, ate rubbish, hurt, when i was gambling through my twenties...the non gambling parts were good!!

It cost me 8years on you...8years of grief...8years before I "had enough"

Glenn if you read this and I want you to keep this post and read everyday, I dont look back now...I made choices!! I have and must stick by them! Never let this disease get you, never let it grip you again, stay on that programme...if anyone looks at you and says "ill bet ya" just calmly say nothing...

even if I go bankrupt tommorow or something hits me...or gets me down...or I have free time....am bored....want to escape....can't handle the pressure.....one thing I will NOT do is relive those 12 years by starting again.

Your good mates you can tell...but don't tell all as they will never understand how much pain we can inflict ourselves. Stick to the meetings, if you have to go anywhere, holiday and can't make it, log on here, top yourself up for the fight!!Then get back to that meeting.

We are not normal people and we always have to accept that.

But one thing is for sure "god has granted you the serenity to accept the things you couldn't change (at a young age!) the courage to change the things you could and the wisdom to know the difference..."

keep them meetings Glenn...

Messages In This Thread
The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by babybluemaxer - 17-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by helen - 19-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 23-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Guest - 23-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 24-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 01-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by cleo - 02-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by wzpbqnzkd - 19-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by barrieexgambler - 28-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Guest - 01-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by barrieexgambler - 07-10-2011, 07:46 AM