Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admitted to wife i have a problem
It finally came out and i admitted to my wonderful wife i have a problem. I have run up debts on a credit card and took money out of our bank account. I feel so low, have wrecked Christmnas for my 3 young children. My wife has said she will stand by me. I have been to some meetings but not on a regular basis, calling in to meetings around country as work takes me, but just could not resist slots.
She says will i change?, i know i can as i feel i can take strength from her knowing. My 3 children dont deserve me but i have to turn my life around and make things better for them as they adore me. I am sure i am not the first and wont be the last but hopefully attending regular meetings and being honest with the rest of my family will help. i can only pray for a good xmas for my children as they are so excited, and with the support of the meetings make a better life.
Hey Sad but Hopeful.
Firstly well done on admitting that you have an issue. I would like to offer some advice to you as to help you stay away from the bandits. I personally was quite similar in so much as I used to play the bandits all the time and worked throughout the country. This often meant staying in strange places away from family and home and only will power to overcome the bandits.

There is a lot to say at meetings for giving up some control to cash and when your working away and here and there that is difficult. It sounds silly but I know this very clearly how important this is. I went six months first time around on the programme only to be away on business and slip up as I had access to my cashcard and available balance.

I was at the time very strong against the gambling and it was because of temptation, boredom and the fact I am a compulsive gambler. So the only way to completely re-structure life is to live with pocket money. I had a fuel card, just for fuel, so i could never be without petrol, I didnt carry credit cards, B+Bs can be pre-paid, and just carry enough for the few days away.

The meetings make it but just live "today I wont gamble"

I wish you all the best in recovery for you, your wife and your children.

B