Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slot addiction
Hi Dennie,
When I was in the midst of gambling I would relly on others for my support ie the people who were involved in my life. I dont wish to be as hard on you as you probably feel at this moment but there are reasons. I to was heavily addicted to fruit machines ie slots, it started from an early age and I thought it was JUST ME.

I met a girl and relied on her, no longer burdening my family but burdening her. Our romance was awesome as she was in love and I was still gambling, wow it was great until the effects of my gambling had direct implications on her. That is when I came Clean so to speak.

I found GA and still I didnt really understand this desease. You see for me a "insecure, weak person" my escape was always my gambling, it was escape from reality, escape from the serious stuff in life.

I thought the next 6months of absitinence were bliss (gambling free) but my future was still not clear as If anyone needed to fully give up they must want to also.

Me and my fiancee broke up and my burden switched then to family. I decided very late in life that I had to do something very large about this, so I did.

I know the thought proccess and I understand the thought proccess but you must break the cycle.

Go to GA, speak to others in the same situation and you will get help.

Take Care.

Barrie

Messages In This Thread
slot addiction - by denny - 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Re: slot addiction - by Winnie - 10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Re: slot addiction - by Barrieexgambler - 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM
Re: slot addiction - by helen - 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM