Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
giving it a go
Hey Mike,

Yeah, Mothers Day duties beckon for me tomorrow, too (shouldn't make it sound like a chore as we'll have a good time eating, drinking and spending time with all 4 of our dogs), so it's important to keep busy as you say.

Pleased you managed to walk away - that's a big step and it's something I'd most likely find harder than not having a bet in the first place. I think (and don't take this as me being patrionizing in any way) it's important to keep at the fore front of your mind the bad days, the bad losses and all the times you've hated yourself. Obviously this sounds very easy in theory, but not so in practice.

This is what I'm intending to do.

I almost relapsed today (something I didn't have time to mention earlier). I didn't gamble, but I had placed a bet weeks ago on Sri Lanka winning the World Cup. This was when I was still actively gambling and had almost forgotten about it. But I watched in hope today after work and due to things looking good (at the time), I'd convinced myself I would be collecting a handsome sum. It wasn't to be and I felt myself becoming angry inside (the usual signs of not accepting I can be 'beaten'). I didn't react to this by going online (thankfully), but it served as a stark reminder that these thoughts remain within me and rear their head all too easily.

It's not going to be easy to combat these emotions and feelings, but it shouldn't be easy I guess.

Anyway, keep taking a step forward each day and remind yourself why you are putting the effort in.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 29-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Re: giving it a go - by cleo - 30-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 31-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 01-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 02-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Re: giving it a go - by paul manchester - 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM