Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
giving it a go
Mikestow Wrote:A little disappointed with myself today as I did indeed pop into a bookies. The upside is that I only lost a few pounds

I could feel the compulsion beginning to take over so left as soon as I had won what I had lost back (which was not a great deal by my standards. I have also taken the precaution of withdrawing remaining money from my bank account so that I was able to enjoy this afternoons sport without being able to place a bet online.

So all in all not pleased but not a disaster. I managed nearly five days which is not much to write home about but definitely my record in the last five years

I must stress that even though I gambled I only lost few pounds and was able to walk away this time....

Which is something

Hi Mike,

This is my first time online with GA but I felt compelled to pass comment on the series of posts from yourself.

I'm not sure if anyone who has had any experience of quitting gambling reads these forums but if you are in any way serious about wanting to quit then why aren't you attanding GA meetings?
You won't be able ( as it has proved ) to sustain any length of time not gambling without some sound advise from GA members. I know you might feel embarrassed or that there is a stigma attached to attending meetings but I could reel off six or seven points ( just from your posts ) that would help you in a way that you couldn't even imagine.
Quitting will improve your life and everyones around you - if you are serious and not just talking the talk then go to your nearest GA meeting.

Promise you want regret it... take care and let me know how you get on.

Paul

Messages In This Thread
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 29-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Re: giving it a go - by cleo - 30-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 31-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 01-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Re: giving it a go - by Guest - 02-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Re: giving it a go - by paul manchester - 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM