Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My partner
Hi all,

I am in such a predicament. I love my other half very much, we have been together nearly 4 years and mostly very happy. But he has major gambling problems, as soon as he gets money in his bank account it is gone. He knows he has a problem, and I thought we had worked it out by me looking after his cash card, and ID and giving him odd bits of money when he needs it.
But the problem is if we have an argument, he demands it off me and then for example, a lot of money gone into his bank today and its all gone now. It really upsets me. We both work so hard, but for him to give it all to the bookies.
He works at a bookies too, which funnily enough he is fine with and he quite enjoys the job, but if something upsets him, he gets angry about something he is straight to the bookies (obviously different ones to where he works).
Because he works in one he is reluctant to attend meetings, presumably a lot of his customers will be there and recognise him, and know one apart from me knows about the huge problem he has. Thing is one day I want a mortgage, kids etc but dont know if this can work?
Any help appreciated?

Messages In This Thread
My partner - by star123 - 31-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Re: My partner - by george23 - 03-04-2011, 08:50 AM