Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!
Hi Destiny,
I m really sorry to hear of your troubles.
Let me start by saying this is just my opinion, and no-one elses.
I am a compulsive gambler and am trying to sort my life out. I am doing this by going to GA every week and following a program of recovery. It has helped me but it only helped after I decided I really needed and WANTED help. I had been told over and over by others that I had a problem, but it was only when I believed that that GA was able to help me.
What I am getting at I suppose is I personnaly believe your boyfriend cannot be helped until, if ever, he admits he is powerless over gambling and genuinely wants help. Until that day ever comes you will suffer more and more of the same abuse. That is what compulsive gamblers do. They cannot help themselves, and heroin too?????
Again, this is only my personal opinion, but you cannot help him, so help yourself. Find a safe place to go and have your child and protect yourself from further harm, both physical and mental. If you do not then you will be sentencing your baby to the same, and I am sure you do not want that.
There is somewhere you can go and meet other partners to comulsive gamblers called GAMANON. If you go to the meetings section from the home page you will find a map of all the meetings. Click on the ones near to you and look to see if any have GAMANON meetings. They may be more help than me.
I wish you well, and please let us know what you decide and how you cope.

My name is Chris and I last gambled on 26th September 2009.

Messages In This Thread
HELP! - by Destiny - 27-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Re: HELP! - by Guest - 30-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Re: HELP! - by Destiny - 04-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Re: HELP! - by Guest - 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Re: HELP! - by Destiny - 05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Re: HELP! - by Guest - 13-05-2011, 08:38 PM