Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON!
Hi Bigdave,

You are 100% right in that you do need to attend meetings to overcome this addiction. I have tried so many times on my own and failed within days, when I have attended GA meetings I have not gambled and life is good again. Then I stop going the meetings (I make up excuses that I am not getting anything out of the meetings, couldn't make it due to work, etc, etc) but for me the real reason I stopped going to them was because I still wanted to gamble - simple as that. And then life becomes unmanageable and hell again until I get myself back to GA. I have recently returned and will do for the rest of my life, I have had enough of gambling now and all the crap it brings. Your post was fantastic and hit the nail on the head. If you really want to stop then meetings are a must and also speak / text other members to see how they are and tell them how you feel - this time around I want to be more involved and not sit on the outside looking in. I am in the only place that will save me, my family and give me the peace of mind and serenity I want in my life. GA and at least once a week. Good on you and all your colleagues for the invaluable advice you offer. This site is great for hearing stories and educating people on the illness but it is not a replacement for going to GA.

Messages In This Thread
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nighttimer - 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nottingham2009 - 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nottingham2009 - 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by cleo - 03-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nick swindon - 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by cleo - 05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by Guest - 31-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by Martin23 - 08-06-2011, 05:25 PM